Introduction to Financial Management for Charities
This course will give you an introduction to the basics around financial management for charities, including the legal requirements, SORP, and best practice management reporting.
What will this course cover:
- An overview of differing charity legal structures
- Annual reporting requirements
- Record keeping - including overview of different fund types and importance of fund/ project tracking. Discuss how this works in practice with computerised packages
- Group session around what constitutes best practice management account content and review what management might like to see trustees at board meetings.
What will you learn?
- The different types of charity structure
- Key financial management aspects of the Trustees Annual Report
- Fund accounting for charities
- What to include in a set of management accounts.
Who is the course for?
- Non finance managers working in the charity sector
- Those new to charity finance
- Trustees would also benefit as a way of ensuring that they understand their financial responsibilities.
- Standard price: £94
Discounted rates for Voscur Members and Affiliates:
- Voscur Members: £55
- Voscur Affiliates: £77
Voscur membership is free for small organisations.
If you would like to benefit from VCSE Academy discounts and other benefits, you can register for Voscur membership today
What else do you need to know?
This course is scheduled to run online, to take part, you will need a laptop with a camera, microphone, and Wi-Fi. You won't need any other software.
You will be emailed an invitation with a link to join the online training the day before the course.
For more information about coronavirus, see https://www.voscur.org/content/covid19-service-users
CancellationsPlease see our Terms and Conditions