Recruit and Retain Volunteers
This training session looks at the volunteer journey from recruitment, right through to acting as a committed, established volunteer, and gives useful tips for improving your volunteer management practices.
What is this training session about?
Involving volunteers can add immense value to what your organisation does, but it is important to recruit people who are a good match for the tasks you'd like help with. Once these new volunteers are on board, and getting stuck in, it's important they feel supported and motivated. Supporting volunteers takes work. This session helps you concentrate your efforts on where it will make a real difference to you, your organisation, and your volunteers - and save you time in the long run.
What will you learn?
- How to develop effective role descriptions, and advertise them
- What a good recruitment practice looks like from application through to appointment
- An introduction to some of the things that may motivate a volunteer to join, and stay with, your organisation
- What you can do, in the here and now, to effectively manage your 'volunteer-force'
- How to get helpful policies, processes and paperwork in order
Who is this training session for?
Anyone who has the responsibility in their organisation for finding and keeping volunteers or is hoping to take this on. This session is particularly suited to people who are new to recruiting, coordinating and/or managing volunteers, and any organisation looking to grow it's 'volunteer force' - but facing challenges to this.
- Standard price: £94
- Voscur Members: £55
- Voscur Affiliates: £77
- Organisations that meet equalities criteria may be eligible for a free training place. (email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries)
Voscur membership is free for small organisations.
If you would like to benefit from VCSE Academy discounts and other benefits, you can register for Voscur membership today
What else do you need to know?
This course is set to run online using Zoom. To take part, you will need a laptop with a camera, microphone, and Wi-Fi. You will not require any additional software, and you don't need a Zoom account or to download the app to take part, but you may wish to do so.
You will be emailed an invitation with a link to join the online training the day before the course.
CancellationsPlease see our Terms and Conditions