Beginner’s Guide to Social Media Marketing
This course is aimed at charities and community groups who are wishing to explore the ways they can effectively use different social media platforms to engage with their target audiences.
What is this course about?
Social media provides a wealth of opportunities to engage with different audiences, but for those of us with less experience, it can feel daunting!
Whether you are looking to spread awareness of your work, recruit volunteers or raise funds, it provides a unique opportunity to directly reach your audience. But where do you start?
This session will give an overview of how to harness social media for different purposes, as well as an in-depth look at how to navigate and optimise the key features of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
By attending this session, you’ll learn the skills to be able to confidently plan what to say to your audience and when to say it, using different social media platforms.
What will you learn?
- What social media can be used for
- Which social media platforms will be most effective for your purposes
- Tips and tricks to make social media work for you, including scheduling, tagging, and more
- How to create basic videos to engage with your audience
Who is the course for?
- Staff and volunteers in community groups or charities who are responsible for marketing or communications
- Anyone who uses social media to communicate with their audience, but isn’t quite sure they’re getting it right
- Standard price: £94
- Together Fund organisations: Free with discount code
Voscur membership is free for small organisations.
If you would like to benefit from VCSE Academy discounts and other benefits, you can register for Voscur membership today
Discounted rates for Voscur Members and Affiliates:
Voscur Members: £55 Voscur Affiliates: £77
What else do you need to know?
This course is set to run online using Zoom. To take part, you will need a laptop with a camera, microphone, and Wi-Fi. You will not require any additional software, and you don't need a Zoom account or to download the app to take part, but you may wish to do so.
You will be emailed an invitation with a link to join the online training the day before the course.
CancellationsPlease see our Terms and Conditions