Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
People, policies and systems can hold unconscious bias, whether they mean to or not, and they can also reinforce inequalities, prejudice and discrimination. It’s more important than ever that we look at ways to make our organisations fairer, and we look at our own behaviour to make sure we are inclusive.
What is this course about?
This course connects our individual responsibility to challenge inequality and prejudice to the role of organisations and wider systems. It’s not about adding a subtle equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) policy to the list of governance documents, but properly applying the principles of EDI throughout.
What will you learn?
- Increase your understanding of and challenge your own assumptions about equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Identify practices that create and promote equality, and how organisations can contribute to wider change.
- Understand more about The Equality Act 2010 and its impact for the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector
- Better understand why equality, diversity and inclusion is important and its role in relation to your other policies
Who is the course for?
Anyone that wants to consider EDI in their work, whether you're a trustee, director manager, staff member or volunteer, and play a positive part in challenging inequalities, prejudice and discrimination.
- Together Fund organisations: Free with discount code
- Standard price: £94
- Voscur Members: £55
- Voscur Affiliates: £77
Voscur membership is free for small organisations.
If you would like to benefit from VCSE Academy discounts and other benefits, you can register for Voscur membership today
What else do you need to know?
This course is set to run online using Zoom. To take part, you will need a laptop with a camera, microphone, and Wi-Fi. You will not require any additional software, and you don't need a Zoom account or to download the app to take part, but you may wish to do so.
You will be emailed an invitation with a link to join the online training the day before the course.
CancellationsPlease see our Terms and Conditions