Practical Financial Management For Charities
Exploring practical financial management for charities (preparing management accounts and monitoring budgets, understanding statutory accounts and the TAR).
What will this course cover:
• Key components of management accounts and how to present them
• Budgets/ forecasting – how to create and report against
• Interpretation of accounts – overview of the differences between cash basis and accruals basis accounting, followed by example accounts exercise, group discussion and then key pointers/ things to consider from a technical perspective – revenue recognition, and cut-off principles.
The course is run by Voscur Associate Jen Gerrard, Managing Director, Gerrard Financial Consulting Ltd. Jen also runs the precursor course to this one - Introduction to Financial Management for Charities.
What will you learn?
• What to focus on when preparing/ presenting management accounts
• Key aspects of Financial Statements and how to present them (including the Trustees Annual Report)
• How to compile a budget and cash flow forecast
• Understanding of budget variances and when to report on them.
Who is the course for?
Non finance managers working in the charity sector and trustees looking to understand financial information.
- Standard price: £94
Voscur membership is free for small organisations.
If you would like to benefit from VCSE Academy discounts and other benefits, you can register for Voscur membership today
Discounted rates for Voscur Members and Affiliates:
Voscur Members: £55 Voscur Affiliates: £77
What else do you need to know?
Would suit those with some experience of charity finance. See Introduction to Financial Management for Charities.course as a precursor to this offering.
This course is scheduled to run online, to take part, you will need a laptop with a camera, microphone, and Wi-Fi. You won't need any other software.
You will be emailed an invitation with a link to join the online training the day before the course.
For more information about coronavirus, see https://www.voscur.org/content/covid19-service-users
CancellationsPlease see our Terms and Conditions