Philip has been a freelance consultant and interim manager since 2001 working with a wide range of VCSE and public sector organisations on a diverse and fascinating range of projects from single training or development sessions to long-term interim management. Areas of experience, expertise and knowledge include:
• Strategic & business planning
• Organisational development & change management
• Partnership and collaborative working
• Interim and project management
• Evaluation and impact measurement
• Quantitative & qualitative research
• Market research & feasibility studies
• Marketing & PR
• Fundraising & bid writing
• Social enterprise and trading
• Facilitation, training, coaching and mentoring
Many of his consultancy assignments have involved working on equality, diversity and inclusion issues and also with young people’s projects.
Philip’s previous experience includes roles as Managing Director of the environmental social enterprise Bristol Energy Centre and Commercial Director of the Big Issue South West. He is a trustee of Citizens Advice Bristol where he has held both Chair and Vice Chair positions and has held previous trustee roles with Bristol Foyer and Voscur. He has enjoyed volunteering roles with the Prince’s Trust, Caring in Bristol and as a volunteer mentor to a number of leaders in Bristol’s social economy.