There’s a huge amount of intelligence and good practice available to VCSE organisations provided by peers, experts and specialists, often without a charge. Selecting and sharing relevant resources and knowledge to help your work is a key part of the VCSE Academy’s role. If you’d like to share insight, expertise or tools from your role of organisation, please let us know.
- Sharing skills from Tech for Good: providing live chat support for survivors of domestic abuse (27 Jan 21)On 27th January 2020, our lunchtime session featured Emma Howell and Julie, who shared the process of designing a live chat service for the national charity Women’s Aid with cxpartners. Emma focused on the importance of designing alongside the women who needed the service, as well as listening to the needs of support workers. The webinar… Read More »Sharing skills from Tech for Good: providing live chat support for survivors of domestic abuse (27 Jan 21)
- Sharing insights from Ageing Better: peer support for bereavement (webinar 8 Mar 21)The Stockwood STAR (Share, Talk and Remember) is a bereavement peer-support group in Bristol run by the community, for the community. It is supported by Jan Perry, a community development worker and local resident. This webinar explores how Jan used the Asset-Based Community Development (ABCD) approach to support the group and set strong foundations. Jan… Read More »Sharing insights from Ageing Better: peer support for bereavement (webinar 8 Mar 21)
- Sharing insights from Ageing Better: co-production with research (webinar 25 Feb 21)Are you an organisation interested in working together with members of the public to carry out research? Do you wonder how a co-production approach can be applied within a research setting? In this 50 minute webinar, the Ageing Better programmes in Bristol and Torbay will share some of their key learning and recommendations about co-production… Read More »Sharing insights from Ageing Better: co-production with research (webinar 25 Feb 21)
- Homeworking resources from ACASAcas has provided resources to support companies and organisations in dealing with redundancies during coronavirus. COVID-19 restrictions have increased the prevalence of redundancy across the country, as well changing the situations in which it may be required. Acas has provided process maps, podcasts and training on a range of related topics, including: Redundancy advice Changing… Read More »Homeworking resources from ACAS
- Learning from each other: online peer networksVoscur has launched two online peer networks for local people in the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE sector), helping them share ideas and insight, look for solutions to problems, and connect with others in an informal setting. Whether you’re part of a COVID-19 mutual aid group, a community organisation, a charity or a social… Read More »Learning from each other: online peer networks